Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Preschool Mischief = Senior Moments

This happened earlier in the spring, but I think it warrants a blog entry because the boys will surely look back on day and have a good laugh.

It was my parent's week to keep the kids on Monday - Wednesday while we were at work. As usual, Daddy got to the house around 7:45 AM to pick them up to go to his house. We went through the breakfast routine and headed out the door to load up and start the day. G was going with Pa Pa and I was taking Davis to school. While Daddy was loading Garrett into his car on the driver's side, I had to put my things down in the van and buckle up Davis. Daddy was backing up as I turned around. Imagine my surprise when I see 2 hanging baskets with bright fuchsia flowers dangling from the passenger side doors of his car. I got his attention by banging on the window. It took all I could manage not to laugh hysterically as I asked him why he was driving around with hanging baskets on his door handles. "What are you talking about? What baskets?". He had no clue they were there. The kids had been at his house the day before and Davis hung them on the handles and Daddy never noticed it when he went out that morning. Even funnier, he'd been driving around town and blowing down I-95 earlier that morning on his daily trek to Bojangles to meet with the ROMEO Club (Retired Old Men Eating Out). You could see the look of worry on his face that his buddies at Bo's had seen him pulling out of the parking lot with those baskets blowing in the breeze. I tell you...it was so funny, I nearly peed in my pants.

Just so you can fully appreciate what I'm talking about, the boys very considerately offered this photographic re-enactment of the hanging basket crime in question. Picture this passing you by at 75 MPH on the interstate:

Preschooler mischief mixed with a Senior Citizen's decreased lack of awareness can lead to some pretty funny stuff. Bless their little hearts!

No comments:

Post a Comment