Well, we've arrived at a rant moment here on the blog. It was bound to happen again sooner or later after all of the feel-good stuff I've been posting lately. I came unglued at the dentist's office today. When I say unglued, I mean irate. Just as my name probably appears on a watch list in the Walmart home office in Arkansas about my recent blow up at their Dunn Walmart store (I'll have to recap that story for you another time), I'm probably now on a similar list at my dental office. What brought it on was telling me that in order to completely fix my screwed up teeth, it would cost me $4600 out of pocket. That's AFTER the dental insurance pays their portion. To do the bare minimum so I can at least chew without pain would be $2800.
$2800 for 4 hours worth of work. That's $700 per hour. How in the freaking @#%$#)w*$ can they justify that kind of pricing???? I didn't pay that much to have my chitlins rearranged a year ago and that was major surgery with major organs being slice, diced and rearranged. If ever there was a racket in this world, it's got to be at the dentist office. I feel like I'm singlehandedly paying for my dentist's firstborn to attend college. One tooth at a time. But what dang choice do I have? I have to heat my fruit under hot water in order to eat it. I've only got half a side of my mouth where I can chew food. Cold stuff or air send shooting pains up my head. So here we go with fillings, root canals, crowns, etc. Dang the genes that gave me these bad teeth!
If brushing twice a day, flossing, rinsing and seeing the dentist still allows this kind of trouble, then I'm tempted to just yank'em all and go with a pair of dentures. If it was good enough for Grandma, it's good enough for me....and my wallet.
Peach Salsa - Home Canned
21 hours ago
No comments:
Post a Comment