Friday, June 5, 2009

Praise the Lord and Pass the Underwear!

The unbelievable happened this week. Garrett, Little Criminal #2, decided he was finally interested in potty training. Up until this week, he has had NO INTEREST WHATSOEVER. On Tuesday, all that changed. At the urging of his Nana, he finally agreed to wear some big boy underpants and do the potty thing. By Thursday of this week, he decided that underwear was too confining and that the call of nature literally means peeing outdoors. He's been going commando ever since and he only wants to pee outside. So for two days, he's been running around with nothing but a shirt on and heading to the grass to pee. But the good news is that he's only had to have a pull up at bedtime. While I wish he wasn't killing my grass, I'm more than willing to look the other way if it means we're headed out of the diaper era. B and I have decided that once we're done with them for good, we're going to throw the diaper genie on Pa Pa's dump pile and burn it in celebration. I'm more than ready to get that stinky thing out of my house once and for all. Diaper Genie my butt....there's nothing magic about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment