Arriving home, we discovered that Nana had taken the boys back to her house to spend the night. God bless her - she's a saint to tackle them on her own. So I got to recover in absolute peace and quiet. In theory, having the house to ourselves sounds so great, but in reality, you realize just how freaking quiet and boring everything is when they aren't here. B spent the afternoon working and I watched nearly everything I had recorded on my DVR - NCIS, Cake Boss, Roseanne, and other mind numbing junk. While we were enjoying the quiet, Nana was having adventures. Davis and cousin Hannah managed to shatter Nana's full length mirror and to top things off, Davis flushed a cup that stopped up the toilet. What in the @#$@#{( makes little kids want to flush everything in sight??? Anyhoo, B will be taking up the toilet and fishing that out when he picks them up today. We've had so many things flushed down our toilet that we have the plumber on speed dial. Just another day in the kiddie neighborhood.
But there was some good news yesterday. My niece Allison got engaged to her incredibly cute and nice boyfriend Chris. I can't begin to tell you how happy I am for them. Here's a pic of the happy couple ripped straight from A's Facebook page.
Allison spent a number of years looking for Mr. Right and we all believe she's definitely found him. They are quite a couple - smart, talented, healthy, young, blonde, and good looking. I can't wait for their wedding. My sis has been very fortunate that both of her girls (Allison's sis Adrienne was married back in 2006) found great guys right off the bat. Hopefully, they won't have to have a practice husband like their Aunt Lorie did. :)So that about sums up yesterday, June 16th, 2009. Quite a day for all of us. Some good, some bad, but it was another day where we were all still a family. That's what it's all about.
No comments:
Post a Comment