I thought it would be safe to call him after the kids went to bed. I figured he was kicked back, watching the boob tube and relaxing after a moderately busy day. Boy, was I in for it. Apparently, the exhausting day had culminated in a delayed bedtime, Davis squirting toothpaste all over the bathroom and Garrett wanting to read one book too many. Needless to say, Big Daddy had reached his limit and was about to blow a gasket.
Poor B. He's so delusional sometimes. See the look of dazed confusion on his face?
Note to Daddies everywhere: when Big Mama is out of town and you're left with the kids all to yourself, do just enough to get by. Get up, dress, eat, play and go back to bed. Don't plan to get anything worthwhile accomplished. Just spend the day making memories with your kids and pray that Big Mama decides to come back home. It also couldn't hurt to ask yourself just how she does it day after day after day and show a little appreciation. It's a Mama thing - you just can't understand.
PS to B: thanks for hard work, even though I think you are nuts for doing it the hard way. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment