Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I Hate It Had To Come To This....

Yesterday was the last day of Boomer's quarantine at Animal Control. They called and talked to B and he made the difficult decision to have him put down. I know it was an agonizing decision for him to make and frankly, I'm surprised he was able to do it. Boomer has been "his dog" for 10 years. During that time, he was a faithful and loyal companion. If only his mind hadn't deteriorated and if he hadn't started biting, we'd have kept him forever. B just realized that he wasn't going to improve, but only get worse. We couldn't afford to risk it with the boys running around. I'm so proud of B for making the right call on this for our family. It hasn't gone unnoticed.

That's the sad thing about animals. It's just one other thing we have to eventually let go of. We adopt pets, bring them into our lives, love them and they love us back unconditionally. It's so sad when it has to end. But at least Boomer got to go out gently with some dignity. So long old friend. We'll miss you.

1 comment:

  1. i'm sorry (for bennett) maybe one day when all the humans are house-trained, he can get a nicer doggie.

    ReplyDelete